Ice, 2018 Spokesdog Winner
One of the highlights of our event is the much anticipated SPOKESDOG PAGEANT! Each year, the Spokesdog Winner represents Dog Days throughout the community at parades and events, on social media and in all promotional materials for the year.
Entries are scored on the following:
- Quality of entry photo
- Originality of photo presentation or pet costume
- Written essay
- Onstage presentation at Dog Days contest
Based on the scores, the judges will award one winner and up to three runner-ups. The winner will receive the official Spokesdog medal and exciting prizes. Runner-ups will receive ribbons and prizes.
If you think you have a “precious pooch” or “hunk of a hound” that has what it takes to be the next Spokesdog, please submit your entry! All entries must be delivered by mail or e-mail on or before Monday, Sept. 24, 2018. Entries must include:
- A digital photo (at least 300 dpi quality) of your dog. Please do not include people in the photo or graphics/text. Keep in mind that higher quality photos will score better – use a simple background – light background if your dog is dark colored or dark background if your dog is light colored. All photos become the property of Dog Days of Denton and may be used for publicity purposes.
- An essay, written in your dog’s own words, explaining why he or she would make the ideal Spokesdog. Essays should be at least one full paragraph and not exceed one full typed page. Please include a bit of background on your dog – upbringing, rescue, etc. Please include the dog’s name, owner’s name, email and telephone number.
Submit your entry to email@example.com or mail to: Dog Days of Denton, P.O. Box 1158, Denton TX, 76202. All entries must be received by September 25, 2017 to be considered.
Some things to consider:
- Entrants must be present at the Denton Dog Days event competition. Arrive at least 20 minutes before contest time (usually starts around 11:30 or 11:45 a.m., check the website schedule) and come to the covered porch area at Fair Hall.
- When the pageant begins: Contestants will line up and, as each name is called, they will be presented onstage while their essay is read. This time on stage can be used as you prefer to showcase your dog – some contestants walk the stage while others perform tricks. This is your time to show the judges why your dog is special.
- Photos and essays should represent the true personality of your dog.